The Liebster Award is new to me and probably to you also. Here's a description:
The Liebster Award Official Rules If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
*Shared from the Wording Well Blog
Eleven Questions Asked of Me
Christmas Eve/Christmas morning is my favorite 24 hours of the year because of the bringing together of family and friends to celebrate the birth of Christ, the giving of gifts, and the fellowship through stories and music!
2. What fairytale resonates with you the most?
I've always loved "The Fisherman and his Wife", aka "The Magic Fish." I don't remember anyone actually telling me that story but I know it has found itself in many of my books as a young child and as an adult. I take something new away with me each time I read and tell that story to others.
3. What is the most important thing for you to do daily?
I pray and give thanks to God.
4. What do you wish you had more time to do?
I wish I had time to train my body to partake in a sprint triathlon (swimming, biking, and running) I can fulfill the first two events but haven't yet been able to run at the end.
5. If money was no object what would you spend your time doing?
Awwww, I plan out a world traveling adventure, taking in the sights, sounds, and feel of the people in many different cultures! I would love to hear their stories!
6. If you could have one magical ability what would it be?
Words that would make evil disappear.
7. With which animal do you feel the most affinity?
8. Where do you go for inspiration for your blog?
I visit several blogs. I storytell in schools and receive inspiration from the teachers and students. The pastor at my church inspires me with his spiritual/factual/opinionated/questioning sermons.
9. If you could have a one-on-one interview with any author, poet or artist, living or deceased, who would you interview?
I would love to interview Naomi Shihab Nye, poet. Her poetry reaching all the way to my soul!
10. What would you most like to try that you have never done before?
I'd like to write a children's picture book.
11. Pick one word that sums up your work.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
2. I "cluttered" and studdered and was in speech therapy from age four to age 10. My family agrees that I don't seem to have any problems with talking anymore- ha.
3. I played flute and piccolo from the age of 13 to now. I loved marching band!
4. I married my high school sweetheart.
5. I can't dance in public but I'm pretty good when I'm alone!
6. I graduated from the University of Houston - Go Cougs! and received my masters from Our Lady of the Lake University.
7. I have the curliest, out of control hair, so I straighten it often.
8. I'm a librarian and yet buy all of my books rather than check them out of a library.
9. I have no sense of direction. Thank goodness for GPS!
10. I LOVE stories about the Revolutionary War and the Civil War!
11. I'm always watching my weight - ugh!!!
11 Questions I'm asking my Nominee Bloggers:
2. What is most stressful to you?
3. What is your most favorite quote?
4. If you had a motto, what would it be?
5. If your house was burning down, what would you take and why?
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
7. What place in all the world would you like to vacation to?
8. What is your biggest dream?
9. What frustrates you the most about social media?
10. Where do your ideas for blogging come from?
11. What shoes do you feel most comfortable in?
Drum Roll Please: The Blogs I am Nominating for the Liebster Award
1. Angie Oliverson - Ms. O Reads Books
2. Mary Grace Ketner - Fizz Boom Read Listen Imagine
3. Pam Faro - Story Crossings
4. Megan Hicks - Life, the Universe, and Everything
5. Kristin Cleage Williams - Finding Eliza