Setting: Groups of 2 to 4 participants at tables or on the floor
Materials: - paper, pens
Poster of the 5 senses: Smell, Touch, Sight, Hearing, Taste
1. Create picture cards of various objects facing down on each table
2. Participants choose 1 card without looking at it before hand. No one else is allowed to see the card chosen.
3. 5 to 10 minutes is allowed for each person to write down or gather his thoughts on how the object will be described without saying the name of the object. At least 2 of the 5 senses must be used.
4. Each person takes his turn describing the object card they are holding. No one is allowed to guess what each object is at this point.
5. When all have created their descriptions, a designated leader of the group gathers the cards without looking at them, scrambles them, and places the cards, pictures up on the table.
6. As a group, you decide which picture went with which description.
7. Reflection - Whose descriptions were the most vivid? What made those descriptions so vivid?
Option - Make it harder by having several different types of the same object (different types of hats, different types of shoes)